Saturday, January 16, 2016

Coat Dress vs. Tunic

I've made this self drafted pattern three times now.  It's somewhere between a coat dress and a tunic.  I love it because it's so versatile.  

I can wear it over pants or leggings.  I wear it either with a top underneath or a Sleevey Wonder turned backwards.  What, you've never heard of a Sleevey Wonder?  It's the best thing that's happened to outfits since the dickey!  What, you've never heard of a dickey?  Throw back to the 60's.  I never liked them.  But on the other hand, Sleevey Wonders are the best!  Check 'em out!




This one is a grey and black ponte with buttons that look metallic but are lightweight plastic.


I love the drape.


And I love the way it curves in at the waistline to give me some shape.

This is the definition of a wardrobe basic.

More soon, I'm in the bunkhouse working away in winter mode!

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! There are so many interesting elements to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern, you clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the details: the pockets, the neckline, shape of the hem, and the drape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice, Gayle! I really wish this silhouette flattered my figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The ponte is perfect for this look. You are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this garment! Regards Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flattering in so many ways! Is this your own design?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this too. I've never drafted anything this complex. Love the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, especially the longer line at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gayle, may I borrow it for a month or three? LOL. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty--I like the way it drapes and I'm guessing, flows over one's figure. I could see this in plaid or red tartan ... mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty--I like the way it drapes and I'm guessing, flows over one's figure. I could see this in plaid or red tartan ... mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous choice. I'm sure it suits you. I like more colorful tunics . But your purchase looks beautiful, especially with the longer line at the back,as you said, it's versatile

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have done massive work when collecting this!! i loove your collection so much and love your blog as well<333 thank you for this ans keep going:) you're amazing:))<33
    silver sandals

    ReplyDelete