It's been gloriously rainy here on the Central Coast of California for about a week now. And I took advantage of it to stay in the bunkhouse and sew, sew, sew!
First, I finished a coat I started last winter. It's Marcy Tilton's coat pattern V9070 which I think may be out of print.
I got this fabric several years ago from Marcy and have been trying to figure out what to make with it ever since. It's a reddish brown raincoat type fabric with copper threads running through it so it keeps it's shape, whatever shape you put it in!
I love it but not sure how often I will wear it. It's really dramatic so I can see wearing it out at night. I'm not sure how rain resistant it is but will give it a try soon.
I had a devil of a time with the button holes. I think this is the most test buttonholes I've ever done, by far. I had to do them manually since the buttons were too big to use the automatic buttonhole attachment on my Bernina 560. Finally got 'em!
This tunic is another Marcy pattern that I loved making and really think is flattering. I did take it in a bit in the back since my back measurements are so much smaller than my, eh-hum, front.
The fabric is a very lightweight knit from Marcy.
I'll make it again, next time in a fabric that shows the beautiful lines a bit more.
One of the most fun sewing projects in a long time is this Katherine Tilton top. I thought it might not be flattering on me but was I wrong. Although it's gathered it really doesn't have a lot of bulk. I made it out of fleece so it's my new sweatshirt. I have an orange Italian fleece that's next up.
I thought about leaving off the hood but I'm glad I didn't. I think it really brings a lot to the design.
AND, it goes with my new tunic! Yep, they're both winners!